JOB: Sourcing Manager (Packaging)
Packaging - Lagos
The Role: Sourcing Manager (Packaging):
The successful candidate will be required to:
Forecast price movements of key materials to operating units to assist with local budgeting & financial plans. Complete regular reviews and annual adjustment to global cost projections to reflect market movements.
Evaluate and analyse allocated portfolios. Lead and participate in cost re-engineering projects engaging both internal and external stakeholders within the group.
Continually evaluate and analyse the supply market in the allocated portfolios to assist with management decision making, price control and budget preparation. Be aware of the major suppliers in the market and identify opportunities to reduce costs. Lead change management programmes in relation to local packaging portfolio.
Perform negotiations on one’s own initiative, with occasional support from senior executives. Either by consultation or attendance if critical or high value ·
Provide support to individuals within the local purchasing community and facilitate delivery of the local business objectives. Manage people in networked team environment. ·
Participate in team development activities.Provide support to peers and buyers within the local network in the form of coaching or training in key activities/techniques which will strengthen the capability.
Control expenditure to agreed financial targets. Assist as required with provision of data to new budget activity.
Develop budgets for assigned portfolio, considering historic and future market price trends and the impact of changes to business and manufacturing strategy.
RFQ's as required for assigned portfolio. Consideration of e-auction in line with e-sourcing strategy. Recognising that some materials/components will rely more on supplier relationship/development programmes. Develop e-auction plan where appropriate for more complex RFQ's and joint leverage opportunities
The Person: The Right candidate must· Have HND/B.Sc degree
· Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position
· Have an extensive knowledge that covers both commercial and technical facets across a diverse portfolio.
· Have the ability to manage multiple project based activities
· Be a Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel , Access, PowerPoint, MFG Pro
· Have a good knowledge of supplier Base Analysis
· Have a good Knowledge of Supply Chain Analysis and Business Forecasting
· Have excellent negotiation skills
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY, NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS.
Closing date: 25 Jan 2013