Monday, 22 April 2013
SMIT LAMNALCO CAREERS
As a Technical Manager you will cost effectively maintain and optimize the availability of vessels and related floating equipment, in such a way that the region can best utilize its vessels within the framework of the (inter)national rules, Smit Lamnalco policies and the requirements of the client.
Therefore your main responsibilities are:
• Formulate and actively manage an all-in multi annual (1-5 years) vessel related budget.
• Execute preventive and corrective maintenance (by means of an adequate maintenance schedule),projects, dry-dockings, modifications and surveys in a cost-effective way and in line with internationaland company’s policies/best practice’s and the requirements of the client.
• Apply effective project management techniques, systems and procedures, particularly during dry docksand technical projects, and ensure accurate reporting.
• Ensure all vessels remain fit for purpose and that optimum utilization levels can be achieved.
• Evaluate, review and (if required) suggest vessel planned maintenance programmes to achievemaximum utilization and prevent unplanned downtime.
• Be familiar with all contractual requirements and in particular those clauses dealing with issues suchas maintenance days, dry-dockings and recharge of items.
• Visit vessels on regular bases.
• Support the Contract Managers and Technical Management on site.
Safety, Health, Environment & Quality
• Promote, monitor and evaluate safety performance and work in close co-operation with the Regional SHEQ Manager and Operations Manager, to ensure that technical and vessel personnel understand,comply and drive forward safety standards and safe working practices.
• Investigate and analyse causes of defects, take timely corrective actions and implement preventivemeasures to avoid recurrence.
• Assist, as required, the Regional SHE-Q Manager to Investigate and analyze causes of any accidentsand incidents, take timely corrective actions and implement preventive measures to avoid recurrence.
• Assist in regular scheduled vessel audits, record variances and action accordingly.
• Ensure that the Engine Crew complies with Technical and SHEQ policies and procedures and thatnon-compliance is analysed and evaluated.
• Support and participate in tender processes by providing regional/local knowledge and deliver input to
Group Tender Team.
• Assist in providing vessel and/or technical related information to enable the commercial team
Management and Leadership
• Appraise and improve the performance of subordinates, raise standards.
• Initiate training and development activities in order to ensure that employees are fit to meet future business needs.
• Monitor and liaison with the Regional Operations Manager on the quantity and quality of the Engine Crew on board of the vessels.
Reporting and Records
• Ensure the production of accurate Vessel Condition/audit Reports.
• Ensure Technical specifications are maintained up-to-date.
• Produce timely Technical Reports
• Verify, approve and process requisitions and invoices
• Identify and ensure potential insurance and warranty claims are processed and closed out in a timely manner.
Desired Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
Technical Maritime Education, Marine Engineer
Minimum of 5 years of experience as Chief Engineer
Project Management skills
Other requirements are:
Willing to work on rotational basis 9 weeks on 3 weeks off
Working with multinational and multicultural crew and staff
Working experience in African countries
Hands-on, enthusiastic, energetic and stress resistant