approach to marketing is second to none in our industry, in brand building, innovation and responsibility. Our companies adhere strictly to the high standards of our voluntary marketing principles. We play a significant role in local communities around the world. In many countries we are a top employer and the company of choice for people in all areas of our business. With our geographic diversity, strong brands, talented people and proven strategy, the Group is well placed to achieve further success.
Job title Merchandiser
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Serve as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager, TMDM or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting etc)
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock), management of the rural wholesale customer and monitoring of van sales.
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards using the IMS as a guide
- Your people responsibility will be
- Supporting Rural wholesale business expansion by providing Trade marketing support for the DSS rep attached.
- Engaging local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Supporting Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Candidate must have an OND degree from any reputable polytechnic.
- Should have basic Selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining relationships with consumers, retailers and semi wholesaler
- Knowledge of redistribution concept, business reporting and communication
- Fluency in English
- Driving skills.
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Understanding of the local languages in territory is a plus
Closing Date: 05 September 2016