Microsoft is the ideal place for people who have passion for their work and the desire to make an impact in their careers, in the community and on the world. Microsoft is a unique company; and not just within the tech industry. Here, smart people thrive on their own terms and push their intelligence to its limit. The variety of job opportunities and career advancement at Microsoft is incredible and empowers you to constantly challenge yourself and chart your own course.
Job Title: Premier Field Engineer
Job Title: Premier Field Engineer
- The Premier Field Engineer is responsible for support delivery, providing technical support to Developer customers by resolving complex technical customer issues on the Microsoft developer platforms, and delivering Technical Support achieving high Customer Satisfaction and workflow efficiency targets; to identify required tools, access, training, processes or capabilities to assess and resolve customer issues. Team members will need to closely collaborate with engineering and operations teams as well as other support engineering teams.
- The Premier Field Engineer role is strategic in nature, and as a trusted advisor to our Developer customers, you will suggest changes to better equip our Partners and Customers to gain productive use on our Developer platforms, and help influence in-market solutions today. In addition to helping drive supportability improvements into our customers solutions, you will also engage the engineering leadership within our customers and partners for strategic technical, architectural and design discussions, and drive strategic thought leadership. These strategic areas of focus will target our highest impact points for our Partners, Customers and other members. As a technical leader on this team you will be exposed to and responsible for several technologies in the Developer space!
- Beyond extensive technical and product focus, this role requires the ability to frame and communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely, show exceptional attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to build broad relationships with the right influencers, leveraging those relationships to impact key business results for our business. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and use this understanding to influence key decision makers in both Support and the Engineering Groups. You must be able to work well under pressure while also exhibiting flexibility with a strong tolerance for managing through ambiguity and uncertainty.
Skills and Experience
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
- Strong communications skills - Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Effective, polished interaction with customer both on the telephone and potentially face-to-face to gather information
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes throughout the environments to improve stability of each environment
- Outstanding partnering capabilities
- Ability to drive product/service improvements in core technical focus area
- Logical and Critical thinking, and demonstrated success in dealing with ambiguity and problem definition under continual deadline constraints
- Passion for technology and customer support
- Knowledge of one or two of the following domains: ASP.NET, Windows Azure, Developer Languages and Tools including C#, C++, etc., .NET CLR fundamentals, etc. Prior OSS development is also encouraged.
- NET Framework 2.0 - 4.x
- ASP.NETse co
- IIS 6-7.x
- Data access technologies
- Windows Azure
- Windows Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
- Knowledge of Windows Azure Platform services
- Azure Platform development and deployment concepts
- Familiarity with development: tools, language, process, methods, troubleshooting
- Developer Languages and Tools (TFS, ALM)
- Visual Studio and compilers
- C# and managed code development
- Familiarity with C++
- NET CLR
- CLR fundamentals including Garbage Collection, memory management
- At least 3 years of experience in engaging in senior level technology decision maker discussions, deep experience with the design, development and troubleshooting/debugging of core Microsoft (competitive technology is an asset) software systems. including experience in a customer-facing consultancy or customer technical support role, plus minimum 6 years of experience in enterprise systems development, including enterprise architecture.
- Demonstrated technical competence with MSFT development platforms
- Experience leading a development team
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MCSD or other applicable advanced certification is a Plus
Closing Date: Not Specified