- Answer patients' questions and determine how to assist them.
- Record patient symptoms, medical information, and changes in condition.
- Make referrals if necessary. Measure and record patients' vital signs.
- Recommend and implement patient care plans and interventions based on assessment of patient conditions.
- Administer medications or start intravenous fluids, and note times and amounts.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as taking temperatures/blood pressures, cleaning/dressing wounds, massaging muscles, or delivering hot/cold applications.
- Administer emergency treatment for injuries/illnesses; arrange medical care if necessary. Inform employer/employees of health problems to minimize or eliminate potential illness risks. Record, store, and maintain guests' assessment and counseling information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of professional area, seek additional information when presented with unfamiliar situations; participate in ongoing professional development.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; use proper equipment; wear appropriate personal protective clothing.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Discuss work topics discreetly and quietly; speak with others using clear and professional language. Ensure employee compliance with company standards/policies and external regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
Closing Date: Not Specified