Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
- The Senior Marketing Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall strategy.
- Utilizes Gold Standard marketing practices and skills to develop and execute the marketing plan for a GE Oil & Gas in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Employs market research, industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis, country assessments, in determining and developing commercial strategy for a product portfolio in SSA region
- Drive adoption of regional marketing strategy with global product and business teams.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the leadership on disruptive technologies, new trends, and other events.
- Promote and support innovation efforts including the incubation and commercialization of new technologies and business models, and explore new segments and customers.
- Drive functional tools and/or processes for segmentation, value proposition development, and Voice of Customer activities.
- Support programs to develop differentiation, targeting and positioning strategies to drive growth and segment penetration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, Business, Marketing.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- MBA or Master's degree in Marketing
- Graduate of ECLP, CLS or other GE leadership program
- 8 years' experience working with the marketing analytics organization (preferred)
- Comfortable to huge data sets, creative in power point presentations
- Very strong on excel dashboards creation
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas (Upstream, Midstream, Downstream) strategic marketing
- Previous experience in Marketing or Market Development preferred
- Broad range of Marketing skills: from strategic marketing (product positioning, Life-Cycle management, future offerings) to commercial marketing (customer activation, distribution models)
- Influencing skills: ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence across all level of the organization
- Clear communicator: able to translate complex situations into easy-to-understand elements, strong oral and written communication skills
- Change management: proven record of assessing the need for change, developing and implementing change
- Innovative: develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to think expansively, innovatively and laterally in a global, complex environment.
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the "critical few" issue/priorities.
- Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
- Ability to translate strategy into business objectives.
- Able to build a connection to key stakeholders and establish credibility quickly