The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Government
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Job Title: Chief of Party
- AECOM is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria that will strengthen the financial and productive ability of water providers in select Nigerian states to operate more sustainability.
- Responsible for overall program management and implementation ensuring application of international best practices consistent with client expectations and abilities
- Ensures program results and outcomes including client satisfaction, timely deliverable submission, assignment completion, and quality assurance and control
- Supervises all field-based program technical staff, consultants, locally-hired support staff, and partners
Advanced degree in fields related to water resources management, water sanitation and supply management, or other relevant field
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience on USAID funded projects; with significant management or oversight roles
- Prior Chief of party or equivalent experience on projects of similar scope and size
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the water and sanitation sector, and activities focused on water and sanitation sector strengthening and improvement
- Experience managing complex programs in Africa
- Direct experience in the water and sanitation sector in an African context preferred
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior experience working in Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in a second language
Closing Date: Not Specified