Job Title: Civil / Water Resource Engineer
- Designing overall schemes, such as flood defence programmes, and associated structures, such as pumping stations, pipeline, pipework/distribution and earthworks (the scale of the design may range from an initial outline to a full, detailed design);
- Supporting other project managers and directors within the business and across the wider market;
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters, and being aware of policy and developments in this area;
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical clients and colleagues;
- Monitoring the progress of projects from beginning to end – from the feasibility stage, to design through to construction and handover – or supervising one section of a large project;
- Controlling budgets at project level;
- Administering contracts and ensuring that work is completed to deadline;
- Using computer simulations to analyse, for example, potential dam failure;
- devising flood defence strategies, perhaps including river and flood plain modelling, economic studies and consultation with affected people;
- Monitoring flood levels at times of high risk.
- Understand or design Rural untarred roads within the Irrigation scheme
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering and preferably MSc in Water related studies
- Should be conversant with relevant national laws.
- Post graduate qualification and or membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in similar projects.
- 10 years work experience.
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Listening Skills
- Strong Mathematical Skills
Closing Date: 20th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org