Job Title: General Manager, Financial Operations
- To manage, direct and lead the financial activities of Revenue Management, Revenue Assurance, Expenditure Management, Organisation Methods, Fixed Assets Management and all other line Financial business support functions within MTNN
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimisation, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Finance Processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Assess resource requirements for the department and develop budget for the Finance Operations function and regularly monitor resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Guide and implement credit and bad debt management policies and procedures and ensure that its provisions are in line with MTNN policies and procedures.
- Manage all revenue to gross margins, all revenue/interconnect debt reconciliations, and collection activities of interconnect/carrier agreements.
- Monitor changes in regulations and technology that may affect revenue assurance functions in MTNN and ensure revenue leakage is minimised.
- Identify viable business opportunities and trends with strong supporting business case imperative to outputs, strategic business and industry-related research and analysis.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the department ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Provide sales performance data to support management decision-making and conduct analysis in order to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and corporative objectives.
- Manage and Monitor MTNN’s fixed asset policies and procedures and ensure compliance with companywide OPEX budgets.
- Supervise all functions within the company on budgetary control and ensure accurate expense reporting.
- Responsible for product support infrastructure (e.g. post sales, billing, collection..etc) and Partner management
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and laws within Financial Operations departments’ scope of responsibilities so as to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned programs, service delivery methods and procedures.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the division; recommend departmental policy and administers such.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of finance operations’ framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Develop strategies to enhance the rationalisation of efficiency of financial operations processes and ensure alignment of Finance policies, processes and procedures with the business goals of MTNN.
- Deploy and evaluate output of a budget tracking/commitment tracking system for reviewing variances between planned and actual fixed asset expenditure for all departments.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Plan and oversee the operations and activities of the Financial Operations Division, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, investments, auditing functions, and financial processing, reporting, and record-keeping.
- Providing other business units and management with support to meet their requirements and financial leadership and guidance.
- Initiation and management of projects to improve business efficiencies, reduce inputs and automate processes
- Responsibility for initiating and then overseeing processes to minimise revenue losses in the company
- Responsibility for ensuring processes in place for the control and recording of fixed assets from cradle to grave. Liaison with other departments to achieve where core responsibility does not fall within Finance
- First degree in Accounting or related area of study
- Professional Qualification from a recognized Accounting Body (FCA, CA/ACCA)
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
At least 12 years work experience comprising:
- Senior management track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry as per relevant role
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous)
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Broad range financial experience and knowledge