Job Title: General Manager
- Reporting to the Agency's Governing Board, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility to establish the Agency and deliver the state healthcare scheme in order to provide world-class health care coverage to residents of Lagos State within agreed objectives of time, cost and quality.
- The General Manager shall serve for a term of four (4) years, renewable for one more term only.
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive strategy for the Agency and lead the articulation of plans to achieve it.
- Deliver a credible, robust and sustainable enrolment strategy to ensure universal coverage in the State.
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant structures (process, internal controls, people and technology systems) to support the achievement of the Agency's vision, goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the delivery of high standard health care services for patients covered under the Agency's health plans.
- Maintain and build relations with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Governments, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Mutual Health Association (MHAs), National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), and other relevant bodies required to improve care pathways for patients.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in health insurance and managing healthcare insurance funds in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Wide knowledge of contract management, demand planning, budget/cost management, business case development, workforce planning and performance management.
- Strong team player.
- First degree in Healthcare professional qualification or Numerate Sciences with a minimum of second class upper division grade.
- Postgraduate degree in health financing or health economics.
- Relevant professional qualification and membership of a healthcare and/or insurance professional body is an added advantage.
Closing Date: 12th September, 2016.