Job Title: Governance Advisor (Private Sector Development)
- We will be recruiting a Governance Advisor position in Centre of Government institutions - Presidents’ and Prime Ministers’ offices; cross-government co-ordination offices; and strategy, policy and delivery units, as well as within Priority Ministries. This include:
- Private Sector Development - individuals with experience in investment facilitation/ promotion, business linkages and value chain coordination, managing investment deals in emerging market economies and/or delivering organisational change.
- AGI seeks to create multi-disciplinary teams and are particularly interested in candidates with experience planning and delivery, performance management processes; change management, executive/private office support to a senior leader; or government and strategic communications. Governance Advisors within Priority Ministries will be expected to demonstrate experience of working with the senior leadership to develop planning and implementation capacity.
- Our teams are all made up of outstanding individuals who understand that politics is as important as technical knowhow when it comes to getting things done.
- They are excellent building and maintaining relationships, skilled to help our partner governments solve some of their most challenging strategic problems, and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- We are bound by a unique set of shared values; we’re bold in our approach, relentless in pursuit of impact, led by our government partners not by our own agenda, passionate about Africa’s potential and independent.
- When we get things right, we have the potential to help change millions of lives for the better.
- Working at the heart of government in Africa within a small dynamic team
- Candidates who speak fluent French and/or Portuguese, will be prioritized for roles in our Francophone and Lusophone countries. For this role, experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable but not essential.
- 7+ years relevant professional experience within public/civil services worldwide; strategy consulting; relevant industry experience; private equity and finance; and international development.
Salary Details: £45,000
Closing Date: 31st December, 2017.