Job Title: Head of Finance
- This role will need you to lead and manage the Finance department of our Abuja office.
- Act as a member of the senior management team, supporting the strategic direction of the office and managing risks.
- You will be responsible for the financial management of the office, including maintaining and reconciling all bank and cash accounts, ensuring consistency in the use of the organisational accounting software (Access Dimensions) and ensuring that reporting and forecasting is completed to meet global deadlines.
- You will manage restricted funds, ensuring that the budgeting process is thorough, that donor requirements are complied with and that all project reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- You will be expected to design, develop, schedule and deliver relevant financial training to BBC Media Action staff based in each department and carry out the financial induction for new starters in the office.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a qualified accountant and/or MBA/MA degree holder preferably an accounting
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the finance sector, with 4 at management level
- Experience of working with audit firms and a working knowledge of donor compliance for major donors (eg. DFID, EU, USAID, UN).
- Experience in managing all aspects of finance in a development context and have excellent computer skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems.
- An excellent knowledge of the English language is essential, including complete comprehension of written and spoken English.
- Experience and a proven track record of developing and managing budgets and the commitment to achieving the most efficient and cost effective use of resources.
- Experience in and proven track record to training and supporting partner organization on financial management.
Closing Date: 26 September, 2016