Job Title: Irrigation Design / Supervision Engineer
- To analyze, plan and design an irrigation system. This would include canals, barrage, drain, dams and other supporting system.
- Plans, designs, and oversees construction of irrigation projects for transporting and distributing water to project sites.
- Plans and designs irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
- Directs, through subordinate supervisors, construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals, and ditches, according to type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply, return flow, and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
- Conducts research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
- Devises and creates analyzed information that would refer to the different systems for clients.
- Troubleshoot problems that may come up during installation of irrigation system and during usage.
- Properly document all the designs made for each project.
- Utilize programs and computer software to create plans and detailed blueprints of the procedures for installation.
- Give presentations on the impact of having irrigation systems.
- B.Sc in Irrigation Engineering or any related course
- Should be conversant with relevant national environmental laws.
- Post graduate qualification and or membership of a professional body will be an added advantage
Skills and Experience
- 10 year work experience.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Irrigation projects.
- Excellent liaison with Client
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Listening Skills
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- Skilled in Monthly Report writing to Clients
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com