Job Title: Officer I Tax SL- 9
- Examining Tax returns and raising additional assessments via:
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
- Conducting on the job training for tax Officers
- Support supervisors towards achieving set performance targets in their respective roles.
- Report areas that require improvement and least compliance.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support or represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in a Government, international organization or private firm in a similar role and a B.Sc. in Taxation, Accounting or other related fields of study.
- Membership from the Association of national Accountants (ANAN) or in similar professional courses.
- M.Sc. in taxation or other related discipline.
- Post qualification cognate experience will be an added advantage.
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement for at least three (3) years, one (1) of which must be a practical hands-on experience at a supervisory level, and be relevant in the management/ supervision of business accounting strategies in taxation in large scale public/private sector organization
Skills and Experience
- Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
- Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
- Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
- Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
- Interpretation of business accounts
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
- Proven track record of delivering set targets
- People Management and development
Closing Date: 10 October 2016