GlaxoSmithKline has three primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. Our commercial success depends on creating innovative new products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders.
With our headquarters in the UK, we have a wide geographical reach. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with around 70 sites globally.
Research is vitally important to the success of our business, and we spent just under £4 billion in 2011 in our search to develop new medicines, vaccines and innovating consumer products. We are one of the few healthcare companies researching medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Job Title:Warehouse Manager
- Warehousing manager, responsible for all warehousing, distribution and invoicing operations
- To collate orders and plan invoicing for partners.
- Plan invoicing by determining total cases for truck tonnage
- Print invoice out for warehouse personnel for loading out
- General supervision of warehouse operations which include receipt of both locally produced products and imported finished products and routing of stocking at the warehouse.
- Ensure proper documentation, arranging of SKUs on designated racks for proper rack utilization.
- Ensure prompt posting of products received and also ensure adequate update of records.
- Supervises and coordinate activities of warehouse personnel involved in sorting (handling of Pick Slips), tracking, unloading and loading, as well as forklift operators.
- Manage loading and route planning activities, also determine load factor that minimizes cost of transportation.
- Supervise all housekeeping activities to ensure they are in line with GSK HSE standards and other regulatory requirements.Ensure daily report of all warehouse activities is done promptly and reported to the warehouse manager.
- Prepare Ageing report, SLOB report and other relevant inventory management report
- Ensuring that lot numbering and expiry dated of receipts and despatches are in line with acceptable GSK standard.
- Providing necessary data as regards stocks to the Distribution for presentation to warehouse manager which will be forwarded to senior management.
HND in relevant course
At least 4 years working experience in similar position.
Closing Date: Not Specified