Jumia Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
Job Title: Category Manager
- The Category Manager will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, a perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns. There are 2 types of products fashion and General Merchandising (Books, High Tech…).
- Taking the lead on the category strategic orientation, the category manager will have to bring an exceptional growth for the sales volume, the margin and the conversion rate. He will be responsible for the decisions he makes and will have to monitor his performance.
- Delivering a strategy for future growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, asking the buyer teams to follow up on your instructions
- Increasing the gross margin by being responsible for Jumia’s price position and asking the buyer teams to renegotiate the costs on strategic brands, categories and products
- Meeting the main suppliers
- Building a very friendly user interface, working closely with the shop management teams (marketing) – It includes the creation of banners, new filters, enhancing the category tree, selecting the products you want to see at the top of the page, etc.
- Establishing plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decision you make (which price point do we target for this category, which marketing strategy I want to implement, which products do I want to source, what will be the upcoming best sellers).
- Managing all the replenishment and inventory tools for stock monitoring
- Creating campaigns and deciding through which marketing channel you will push them
- As a whole, you have to identify and to promote the best sellers that will lead the market and strengthen Jumia’s position as the leader of online retail
Skills and Experience
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Top European Business Schools and Universities
- A previous experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
Closing Date: Not Specified