Our leadership position in the area of network coverage, expansion and state of the art infrastructure remains constant. Today, MTN provides network coverage to over 3,775 cities, towns and villages nationwide. Through our Foundation, MTN has also invested N18 billion in carrying out Corporate Social Responsibility projects in 550 locations in all 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT. MTN Nigeria subsists on the core brand values of the MTN Group - Leadership, Integrity, Relationship, Innovation and a Can do attitude. We also offer a unique Employee Value Proposition centred around the following five pillars: - Brand Strength - Leadership Brand, - Investing in our Talent, - A Globally Diverse Culture - Total Reward and Recognition. As we progress with our operations, MTN embraces a win-win ideology that will ultimately stimulate economic development and a vibrant, stable society.
Job Title: GM Commercial Legal
- To Ensure The Legal Protection Of MTNN’s Business Interests.
- Extract Value From What We Already Have Through Cross-Functional/And Or Regionally Focused Activities Such As: Multi-Functional Business Optimisation, Contracts Review And Negotiation, Cross-Functional Capital/Budget Efficiency Projects Etc.
- Innovation – Identifying And Taking Advantage Of New Cross-Functional Business Opportunities, E.G., Through Nurturing New Business Opportunities, Products Launched, Product/Process Innovation, Structural Changes, Etc.
- Maintain Leadership In The ICT/Digital Industry By Influencing State Legislations & Policies, Participating In State Level Industry Think-Tanks, Building & Extending National B-2-B And Similar Relationships, Etc.
- Enhance/Expand MTN’s Role In The Larger National And Ecosystem Through Participation As Thought Leader, Executing Regional/Local CSR Projects, Involvement In (Inter)Industry Non-ICT Policy & Think-Tank Activities, Data Analysis, Reviews, Etc.
- Cross-Functional People Leadership Activities: Coaching, Staff Development And Motivation, Employee Networks Mentorship/Support, Cross-Division Employee Engagement Projects, Faculty Roles, Talent Mentorship, Etc.
- Generic Activities Necessary For Positive Business Outcomes Such As: Supporting Recruitment, Thought Leadership/Execution As Internal (Interview/Disciplinary) Panel Member, Influencing Next Level Leaders (E.G., At ExCom) Etc.
- Formulate And Actively Contribute To The Development Of Legal Services Strategies In Line With The Mandate Of, And In Line With The Vision And Mission Of MTNN
- Develop, Execute And Manage Legal Services Approved Plans, Programs And Activities In Support Of MTNN’s Operations
- Oversee Drafting Of Legal Agreements And Review All Relevant Documentation Supporting Contracts For Authenticity And Validity.
- Review And Validate Developed And Structured Contractual Framework, Validating Legal Framework Negotiated With Other Parties.
- Manage Litigations And Disputes, Providing General Legal Advice To The Company.
- Provide Technical Leadership/Advice In The Formulation And Development Of Framework, Policies And Guidelines And Ensure Compliance Of Operations With MTNN Policies And Procedures.
- LLB Or LLM
- First Degree In Any Relevant Discipline
- Possession Of An MBA Or Masters In Relevant Fields Will Be Advantageous
- Fluent In English And Language Of Country Preferable
- LLB And BL
- At Least 12 Years Of Litigation And Commercial Experience Which Includes:
- Senior Management Track Record Of 3 Years Or More; With At Least 3 Years In Relevant Sector/ Industry As Per Relevant Role
- Experience Working In A Global/Multinational Enterprise (Understanding Emerging Markets Advantageous)
- Worked Across Diverse Cultures And Geographies
- Experience In Negotiating Commercial Transactions Including Funding
- In-Depth Experience And Understanding Of The Nigerian Legal And Commercial Framework
- Implementation Of Strategy And Development
- Effective Management And Leadership
Closing Date: 20 September 2016