Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
Job Title: HR Business Partner
- As HR Business Partner, your responsibility is to serve as a consultant to management, working to ensure that the business objectives are aligned with employees and management across the various departments. You are responsible for providing proactive HR services in the area of human relations aimed at bringing about change which reinforce the business strategy of specific Jumia companies.
- Plan, implement, and manage the human resources function for specific AIG companies, including employee relations, regulatory compliance, staff development, and employee communications
- Ensure delivery of high quality employee relations services
- Review and recommend necessary changes to business practices and its procedures for improvements as deemed appropriate by the management
- Serve as a resource for managers; coach and mentor senior managers to effectively use the full range of HR tools such as the performance management process
- Develop and monitor departmental budget, goals and objectives and operational/work plan for both HR and Administration teams
- Formulate fair and equitable processes and guidelines on employee counselling and discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or in a related field
- Membership of relevant professional body (CIPM, SHRM, etc) is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of progressive and hands-on HR generalist experience evident in multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and relevant employment laws
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and development and office administration.
- Must have a working knowledge and be current with all relevant employment related laws.
- Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels.
- Proven experience in Crisis/ Conflict Management.
- Proven success in managing an HR team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate in senior management teams that provide leadership and strategic direction.
- Must have unparalleled business acumen and must possess project management skills
- Must exhibit a high level of initiative, flexibility and credibility
Closing Date: Not Specified