The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant / Driver
- To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to staff and maintain vehicle documentation.
- Operate and maintain vehicles with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously, and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Reads and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean inside and outside.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicles, including general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch fluid, tyre pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately reported.
- Fuel vehicle.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level
- Language Requirements - English
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
- Certificate of driver mechanic trade test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of the local terrain, that is, Cross River State.
Closing Date: 4 October, 2016