Job Type: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
- The incumbent will support the development and implementation of best practices and high quality systems necessary for the measurement of the Behavioral Change Communication Prevention for most at risk populations project of the Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV New Funding Model (NFM) Grant to determine the critical successes as it relates to its input, output, outcome and impact across all supported states.
- The incumbent will establish mechanism for routine tracking and the evaluation of the effectiveness of the Behavioral Change Communication Prevention for most at risk populations Project of the Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV New Funding Model (NFM) programs and activities; and will evolve systems that will support the use of results for organization accountability, decision making, feedback and the promotion of strategic knowledge management
- Under the supervision of the M & E Manager He/she will oversee the planning and implementation of Strategic Knowledge Management (SKM) activities required for "CLUSTER FOR MARP INTERVENTION (CLUMIN-3)" Project rules.
- He/she will work closely with critical stakeholders (CBOs, LGA, Health facilities, SMOH/IPs) to achieve program results through the the implementation of a robust M&E plan in line with GF policy.
- He/she will support the CBOs/Facilities validate data reported at state level via electronic means using the DHIS-2 and e PITT.
- He/she will ensure CQA/I of programmatic data generated at the community /facility and LGA level through on-the-job mentoring and supportive supervision to CBOs and HCWs on the National reporting tools, forms and registers.
- Conduct data spot checks during routine CBO/facility visits and Joint biannual Data Quality Assurance (DQA) exercise in conjunction with the State officials (SMOH, LGA) to ensure continuous report of high quality data.
- Promote data quality standard and provide feedback to SMOH, SACA, LACA and CBOs/HCWs through the state/LGA monthly M&E meeting to reinforce the standard.
- Implement training and on-going mentorship on SKM for required for the "CLUSTER FOR MARP INTERVENTION (CLUMIN-3) In line with the Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV New Good Funding Model (NFM) programs and activities.
- At least 5 years' post NYSC experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and/or programs, preferably related to HIV/AIDS and reproductive health (maternal and newborn health experience), including the use of data to inform decision making, communication.
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research, monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information systems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Knowledge of evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data processing, database design and data entry. Ability to work with MS Word, ACCESS, Excel, Power Point, Epi Info and SPSS.
Closing Date: 23 September 2016
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a One page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with full name as title of the document to: email@example.com with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email