At AIDS Healthcare Foundation, we realize that our most important resource is our employees. AHF has earned a reputation as an employer of choice by offering challenging work, competitive benefits and a diverse culture.
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals;
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs;
- Manages appropriate data collection, such as client name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory;
- Performs a monthly stock count;
- Supervises the pre-dispensing of prescriptions for clients who are down referred to PHC sites.
Suitable candidate will be fresh graduate in Pharmacy or related field or Pharmacy technician diploma of school of health technology
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in use of ARVs and drug logistics.
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive multi-cultural team
- Good communication skills in English and Amharic.
Closing Date: Not Specified