The Receptionist is an integral part of the Nigeria Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. Under the general supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent would report directly to the SEA..
Job Title: Receptionist
- Operating the telephone switchboard system by managing phone calls at the reception area, directing incoming calls to the appropriate staff and taking messages when required.
- Assisting visiting mission staff with making overseas and/or domestic calls.
- Welcoming and answering queries from visitors/clients/visiting mission staff and providing them with necessary relevant information/literature when possible. S/he directs visitors to proper offices when needed and as per established procedure.
- Maintaining neat and tidy appearance of reception area.
- Performing Courier services: handling the diplomatic pouch and processing Country Office incoming and outgoing mail.
- Distributing periodicals, newspapers and, from time to time incoming mail reports.
- Managing the stationery stores.
- Maintaining/updating regularly a data base of CO Contact list and CO Directory list, including ministries, agencies, hospitals, hotels, embassies etc and arranging for its distribution at regular intervals.
- Creating and issuing the welcome package for visiting mission staff.
- Backing up the Facilities Assistant by ensuring that the visiting mission area; the conference room(s) and other designated offices are clean and provided with the basic office supplies.
- Performing any other office tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial studies, Office Administration or equivalent area of studies.
- At least 3 years direct relevant office support experience in a large international or multinational or corporate or public service organization.
- Good English language skills (verbal and written) and working knowledge of relevant computer software, particularly Word, Excel, Internet.
- Excellent phone etiquette, coupled by an ability to take comprehensive and accurate phone calls/messages, ensuring they are routed in a timely manner to the proper source.
- Good team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to seek assistance from supervisor(s)/colleagues and learn from them.
- Ability to deal accurately and complete tasks every day according to specific standards.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
- Ability to follow through on work priorities, and respond creatively to client requests.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Prior experience in maintenance of office facilities in a busy working environment as well as secretarial experience would be a plus.
- Ability to solve simple routine problems/constraints.
Closing Date: 29 September 2016