Job Title: Senior Engineer, BSS
- Monitor and manage BSS site construction activities from start up to commissioning/acceptance in assigned region
- Principal Functions
- Supervise the end-to-end deployment process of target BSS sites and ensure strict adherence to the processes and procedures
- Carry out technical site survey of new and existing BSS sites in line with deployment processes
- Supervise the installation teams in conducting feeder and antenna line verification test (VSWR, DTF,).
- Conducting other test as may be required for a good quality of green field and colocation site.
- Monitor and give status updates on the capacity of the critical areas relating to growth in either radio, transmission (microwave and fibre needs) and core.
- Assist in gathering required documentation and information on sites deployed in assigned regions and resolve issues (radio, core and transmission)
- Work with vendors to resolve any issues that may cause delay on the sites and escalate where necessary for quick resolution
- Prepare status reports on vendor activities, gather data and provide up to date reports on all BSS sites Manager, 2G/3G.
- Monitor and highlight potential blocking points in the BOQ which could lead to serious delays of the RAN.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to by contractors/vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, 2G/3G
First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
Skills and Experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years post NYSC relevant work experience
- Business Application Knowledge
- Engineering Installation
- Engineering Inspection
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus