SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer (SPO) - Triage Nurse and Medical Records Officer
- This is a Senior Officer position reporting to the State Team Leader (STL) in the region.
- The successful person will be responsible for conducting brief clinical assessments that determine the clinical urgency of the clients’ presenting health concerns and culminate with the allocation of a care category, which determines the time and sequence in which they receive services.
- The Triage Nurse will also serve as the Medical Records Officer and is responsible for managing client records; ensuring accurate data entry, filing/archiving and retrievals.
- S/He will provide comprehensive triage (in-clinic and/or mobile) and clinical assessment service to clients resulting in safe and appropriate clinical decisions that reflect their healthcare needs.
- S/He will initiate appropriate nursing interventions (e.g. first aid and emergency interventions) to improve client outcomes and secure the safety of clients and clinic staff, facilitate the triage process using clinical knowledge and appropriate interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy and understanding.
- Must possess a university degree in Nursing or completion of an accredited nursing programme.
- Must be a Triage qualified Registered Nurse.
- Possession of Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be added advantage.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess minimum of 3 years’ experience in nursing practice including the practice of triage.
- Must have experience in maintaining accurate computerized triage assessment records.
- Must possess experience in organizing.
- Must possess good relationship management/ interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good report writing and data interpretation skills.
- Presentation skills.
Closing Date: 14th September 2016.