At all levels, our strategic alliances and technical associations have been based on the changing dynamics for Oilfield Services Provision in Nigeria, in particular the increasingly “marine-based” nature of the industry in the country and our long-term strategy of vertical integration, to position us to support clients through the lifecycle of assets-through the development of conceptual designs, detailed engineering, construction and construction management, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, operations and maintenance and facility decommissioning.
Job Type: Structural Designer
- Perform as part of a small integrated team in a dynamic, forceful environment to meet deadlines for facilities preparation ahead of drilling and other offshore activities. Scope includes focus on offshore operating areas (drilling preparations and integrity repairs) and available to assist Terminal, Gas Plant, EGTL and swamp work as required.
- Carry out the detail design of structural works, which typically relate to modifications or additions to the existing offshore well heads, production facilities and injection facilities in preparation for drilling. Perform necessary Site/Field offshore/onshore surveys. Deliverables include: a. Production/checking of design and fabrication drawings, registers etc. b. Production of 3D models/drawings c. Production of Materials Take Off
- Participate in Constructability reviews a. Identification of Safety In Design (SID) issues b. Support to in-house Fabrication Workshop and In-house Mechanical fabricators. c. Response to third party Contractor fabrication issues d. Material substitution when specified material is not available e. Review of third party Contractors drawings
- Provide technical expertise to Nationals, peers and customers, support Company local content initiatives and assist Construction reps as necessary.
- Directly applicable Structural Designer experience. 15 years (min) experience, 10 of which should be on offshore experience in the Oil and Gas industry, spent in a structural designer draftsman capacity with design consultants, fabricators etc.
- Extensive knowledge of performing design drafting in AutoCAD and Bentley Auto plant/ProStructures, with considerable experience in 3D structural modeling.
- Fully conversant with codes and standards applicable to structural design drafting.
- Any experience gained in relation to the structural construction, pre-fabrication and installation of oil and gas facilities, will be an added benefit.
- Must be capable of managing several different design drafting activities at one time.
- Leadership, diversity and project management. Demonstrated "hands on" ability to work in a multifunctional team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Computer Literacy - use of Microsoft Office software required for supervision, planning and reporting.
- Work Condition /Physical Environment:
Closing Date: Not Specified