Job Title: Hotel Accountant
- It's your job to keep track of every financial transaction in the hotel to make sure that all incoming and outgoing money is accurately recorded and handled.
- If there are any discrepancies, you'll have to investigate and correct them, or report the reason why they happened, such as mistake or fraud.
- You'll also be handling wage and salary calculations and payments, too.
- You'll be based at the hotel, unless you work for a large hotel group, in which case you might be based at head office with responsibility for a specific property.
- Controlling the payroll
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue
- Reconciling bank statements
- Ensuring legislation is followed.
- Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment
- IT knowledge, as transactions are usually done through computerised systems, electronic cash tills and so on
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages
- Analytical and communication skills
- Unmatched attention to detail as you’ll be preparing detailed financial information for senior management
Minimum of a HND/B.Sc in any related field from any accredited institutions.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org