Marriott International has more than 500,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties, as well as at corporate offices. The company has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics.
Job Title: Agent-Reservation Sales
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- Identify guest reservation needs, determine appropriate room type, and verify availability of room type and rate.
- Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers.
- Accommodate and document special requests.
- Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations.
- Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue.
- Communicate information regarding designated VIP reservations. Input and access data in reservation system.
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with appropriate individual or department.
- Oversee accuracy of room blocks and reservations.
- Input group rooming lists using reservation systems, revise room blocks to maintain the required number of available rooms, and keep organized files of all groups. Set-up proper billing accounts according to Accounting policies.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.