Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Title: Carpenter
Job Title: Carpenter
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation.
- Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover.
- You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
- Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork/molding, and faux finishing.
- Install and repair finishes, such as laminates.
- Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry.
- Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property.
- Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
- Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors. Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using handtruck.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move up and down a ladder.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.