Job Title: Chief Estimator
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors;
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team; Client, Designers, Quantity Surveyor’s, etc where necessary
- Receive feedback at quarterly contract reviews and visit sites where possible to identify site specific risks;
- Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings;
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities from drawings
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries; Comply with estimating processes to ensure it complies with standing orders
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations;
- Presentation of the cost estimate to senior management at tender settlement meetings;
- Attend pre-tender interviews where required
- Prepare and lead the compilation of tenders
- Assist/Manage the production of tender documents
- Appraisal of tender documents
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender;
- Prepare upon award of the project, a summary of the job including cost of labour, material, quantity and quality of the material required strictly as per the specification of the client to ensure that they are as per the prescribed parameters.
- Implementing strategies and plans to ensure that estimating process takes place in most professional and cost effective manner, in coordination with Quantity Surveying department.
- Assist in drafting a final report on pre and post completion cost so as to enable the management to assess the profitability on the job.
- Develop client and consultant relations, including the management of their expectations
- Review the status of workload, regional requirements, etc with your team at regular departmental meetings
- Manage the development of sound, robust and long term relationships with Clients and Design Teams in line with the general company strategy
- Higher Diploma/Degree in QS or any other appropriate Construction related field.
- 2-3 years experience in a reputable construction / interior fit out Company.
- Computer literate - estimating software etc.
- Awareness of Industry procurement methods;
- Understanding of Whole Life Costs (desirable);
- Experienced at producing Bills of Quantities/elemental quantities;
- Knowledge and experience of “first principle” analytical estimating across all sectors
- Experience with all forms of contract.
- Supervisory and organisational experience;
- Ability to produce accurate measurement from 2D drawings & 3D models and spotting inadequacy in design information
- Good knowledge of Job Costing gained through formal training or work experience
- The candidate must be able to confidently communicate with all members of the pre-construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
- Candidate must be able to work to strict deadlines.
11th November, 2016
Method of Application
Applicants should send their updated Applications via mail to: email@example.com