The project also aims to increase knowledge about the private sector’s contribution to FP and RH in the target states of Lagos, Kaduna, Nasarawa, Benue, Abia and Edo.
As a follow up to the just concluded 6 months pilot on private providers’ access of government free FP commodities in Lagos and Kaduna, the project is planning to develop a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for the purpose of scaling up the pilot into other states of the Federation. The project is therefore searching for a seasoned Consultant who can work with the project staff and the stakeholders to develop the SOP manual.
Job Title: Consultant
- Development of a Standard Operating Procedure for scaling up private providers access of government free FP commodities in Nigeria.
- Scope and applicability.
- Describe the purpose of the process, its limits, and how it's intended to be used. Include standards, regulatory requirements, roles and responsibilities of stakeholders, and inputs and outputs.
- List all the steps with necessary details, including what commodities/materials needed, requisition, reporting processes etc. Cover sequential procedures and decision factors. Address the "what ifs" and the possible interference of out of stock and other considerations.
- Clarification of terminology: Identify acronyms, abbreviations, and all phrases that aren't in common parlance.
- List and describe the procedure for the linkage of private sector to public distribution system, and flow of commodities from public sector to private facilities.
- Complete list of what is needed and when, where to find supplies, etc.
- Propose a supervisory checklist of items to verify at the private facilities and a calendar for conducting supervisions.
- Facilitate a workshop that brings together the stakeholders in the FP pilot to review and finalize the SOP and the Guidelines following feedback from the workshop.
- Minimum of Master's Degree in Public Health or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of related work experience, and documented experience in international development projects, preferably in the health sector.
- Demonstrated experience in commodities logistics and supply chain, including good understanding of working with the private sector
- Experience with USAID health implementing partners preferred
- Strong communications skills and proven writing capabilities in English
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Analytical skills and Results Driven
- The Local Consultant will report to the Chief of Party
- Standard Operating Procedures manual for scaling up private providers access to government free FP commodities in Nigeria.
17th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their resumes and proposals to: email@example.com