It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
Job Title: Administrative Clerk/Cashier
- Executes all financial and administrative duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Anticipates cash needs of the office and plans payments and request transfers accordingly
- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced according to ICRC financial rules (translation, supplier information and stamp, logistic support documents, approvals / signatures etc.)
- Prepares and sends accounting documents for monthly closing to the Admin Assistant
- Ensures regular payments related to administration activities ex: electricity, water, office bills e.t.c
- Collates staff leave and overtime compensation requests and transmits them in a timely manner to the HR Service Provider in Yola SD
- Keeps up to date about HR policies and procedures and disseminates them to colleagues
- Supervises domestic staff including: organization and execution of tasks, organization of replacement
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of Secondary Education and Certificate in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- 1 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of socio and economic environment of Northern Nigeria
- Good level of computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Has initiative and organized
- Conscientious and methodical approach to tasks
21st October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate "Administrative Clerk/Cashier" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.