EA has launched Arewa24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000). Arewa24 is locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking sub-region. With a slate of original and premier international programming, Arewa24’s goal is to create an authentic Hausa-language television platform that enriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty, promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. EA seeks to recruit an Accountant to help support the growth of Arewa24 and its Nigeria program
Job Title: Finance & Administration Officer (Local Hire)
- Maintain office cash and make daily payments of approved transactions
- Performs daily safe reconciliation process with designated staffs
- Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Liaise with statutory bodies such as FIRS, PFAs etc and make statutory remittance to relevant bodies
- Maintains agency’s filing system (finance, procurement contracts, preferred vendors file etc) in line with approved standards
- Supports procurement and administrative procedures within the department
- Support the facility management processes
- Manage office petty cash system
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/HND in bookkeeping, accounting and/or finance.
- At least 2 years’ experience in development sector (NGO) is desirable.
- Good understanding of finance and administration procedures
- Good understanding of donor procurement rules
- Good understanding and experience in using automated accounting software
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Knowledge of accounting packages e.g. Excel and Quick Books
9 November, 2016
How to Apply
- Interested candidate should send their Application letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email
Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.