Rembrandt Global Solutions provide functionally innovative services in the information and communications technology industry that are beneficial to consumers, corporate organizations, governmental and non-governmental organizations, both local and international. Our vision is to be a world class ICT and mobile consumer services company consistently providing functionally innovative products, services, technology solutions, and consultancy services for all our stakeholders.
Job Title: Finance Manager, Projects
Job Title: Finance Manager, Projects
- Responsible for aiding business planning and decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial advice and undertaking related accounts administration.
- Financial Planning: In conjunction with the management, coordinate financial planning, budgeting, procurement and investment activities to ensure that the various departments and organizations are fiscally sound and efficient.
- Budget Preparation: Collaborating with all functional heads to prepare annual financial budget for the company, including operating and capital expenditure budgets. Ensure approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times. Implement, direct, and evaluate performance of the operating budget periodically to ensure it is consistently profitable and advice the management monthly.
- Budget Implementation: Implement, direct, and evaluate performance of the operating budget periodically to ensure it is consistently profitable. Also ensure compliance on income and planned expenditures and advice the management monthly on any variation.
- Financial Report: Ensure monthly preparation and reporting of Management Account showing actual revenue viz-a-viz projected for balance sheet reconciliation, business performance analysis, financial recommendation, and advice for management in compliance with the company’s deadline.
- Investment: Identify two high yielding investment opportunities monthly and advise the MD appropriately. Follow through on all investments and safeguard the company’s interest while earning accrued returns as and when due.
- Salary & Payroll Administration: Manage the entire payroll process of the company including seamless computation of staff salary in line with the existing regulations.
- Cost Savings: Institute and implement cost saving strategies that will ensure reduction in operational expenses. Present progress report on cost saving monthly to the Managing Director.
- Tax Administration: Maintain and regularly update Withholding Tax deduction registers and ensure compliance with, and preparation of all statutory returns, schedules of output VAT and WHT deduction by clients and follow up on collection of credit notes on same.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all statutory and audit requirements as well as all taxation and legislative requirements at all times. Ensure certificates for statutory payment made (Company tax, Land use charge, VAT, Education tax, etc) are obtained as at when paid and properly documented for easy retrieval.
- Internal Control: Develop and institute an internal control/accounting policy that will greatly reduce perceived cost, financial leakages and wastage.
- Records Control: Establish and implement effective and accurate procedures for custody and control of assets, records, and securities to ensure safekeeping and easy retrieval of all financial records as at when needed.
- Finance Control: Analyze financial data for deficient controls, duplicated efforts, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Ensure all noted errors are reported immediately to the Managing Director immediately.
- Account Reconciliation: Conduct a monthly review and reconciliation of inter-company accounts including reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers. Take remedial action to correct noted inconsistencies or refer such to the Managing Director.
- Continuous Improvement Process: Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies for the Company’s financial policies and procedures to further strengthen and improve the company’s overall operation and effectiveness.
- Bank Reconciliation: Supervise daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of all Bank accounts for the company and take proactive measure to address noted variance. Prepare and submit reconciliation report weekly and monthly to the management for review and necessary action.
- Fixed Asset: Maintain and manage the Fixed Assets Register with strict adherence to “fixed assets register procedure. Monitor and ensure prompt and regular update of the register as and when due.
- Relationship Management: Develop supportive/rewarding relationships with all banks and other financial institutions being used by the company.
- External Audit Structure: Relate with the external Auditors to ensure annual audited report is presented to the management latest by end of 1st quarter of the subsequent year.
- Communication: Communicate clearly and directly with assigned subordinates concerning performance expectations, productivity, and accountability. Ensure communication is ongoing, concise and well understood.
- Learning and Development: Responsible for identifying training needs of subordinates and liaise with the HR Unit to implement agreed training schedules for all staff in the unit. Attend and facilitate training and other employee development programs as may be required from time to time.
- Strong financial analysis, reporting and management.
- Treasury and Investment Management Skill.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Good Communication and presentation Skill.
- People and Performance Management Skill.
- Ability to interpret financial reports for management decision.
- Fraud prevention, detection, & investigation skill.
- Strong negotiation skill.
- Team player.
- Strategic Risk Management Skill.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Administrative & managerial competence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Finance Manager in a medium/large sized reputable company is required.
- Associate member of Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA).
- MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
Location: Lekki, Lagos