HJFMRI through partnership with the Walter Reed Program Nigeria is actively involved in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and HIV Research activities. It is through this partnership, HJFMRI Ltd/Gte seeks to recruit a Clinical Research Physician with expertise in infectious diseases to support the DOD WRP-N research mission.
Job Title: Clinical Research Physician
- Designs, develops, implements and oversees the management of clinical research activities and protocols to support the DOD WRP-N mission in Nigeria and the West African region.
- Supervises research staff in support of assigned research protocols.
- Develops and maintains relationships with governmental, academic, and industrial partners to support the DOD WRP-N mission.
- Examines, interviews, counsels and manages research participants in assigned protocols.
- Analyzes data and prepares scientific papers for presentation at local and national meetings and for publication in medical and scientific periodicals.
- Assists with oversight, management, coordination of research activities between site teams an RP
- Assists in development of clinical trial budgets and monitors cost and performance for assigned projects.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of DOD WRP-N research activities.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Medicine & Surgery is required.
- A Fellowship in West African College of Physicians or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics is required.
- Postgraduate training in infectious diseases and/or HIV medicine is required.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics is required.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Clinical Research will be added advantage.
- The incumbent must eight or more years of experience as a Medical Practitioner, including at least two years working in medical research, Experience in protocol development, clinical trials and publication of research results is required.
- Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Supervision Received:
- Supervision by the Deputy Director for Research.
- Substantial interaction with the Country Director is anticipated.
- Knowledge of Clinical Medicine and the procedures and techniques necessary for performing research tasks.
- Knowledge of clinical research programs under “Good Clinical Practices”.
- Knowledge of Research regulatory procedures.
- Incumbent will exercise full supervisory responsibility of study staff: Medical Officer, Pharmacist, and Nurses.
- Responsibilities include monitoring and evaluating work performance, applying discipline, selection of new employees, and granting personnel leave.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Leadership, analytical, communication, and writing skills is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to include effective presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of work time is required for this position.
- Annual gross salary range is NGN 15,000,000 - 18,000.000.
4th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and phone call.