TechPlus is already Africa’s largest Tech gathering and as it moves into its third year, there exists an exciting opportunity to grow TechPlus into a multi-location, multi-faceted global brand with the ability to compete successfully with other similar conferences and events worldwide in order to become the tech event of choice by both consumers and tech exhibitionists.
Job Title: TechPlus General Manager
- This role based in Lagos is an executive position reporting directly to the Advisory board.
- The selected candidate would have an opportunity to put his stamp on what is an already successful enterprise.
- He/she will be responsible for the growth and overall performance of TechPlus as dictated by the Advisory board’s overall strategy.
- This would involve building strategic relationships within the technology industry, revenue generation, planning, organizing, resourcing and cost management of TechPlus events.
- The candidate would also serve as project coordinator and manager for the daily operations of TechPlus and all related events.
- Develop strategic operating plans for TechPlus that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Work alongside the board to identify performance measures.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with the Advisory board.
- Formulate and successfully implement company policy.
- Represent the company to major sponsors, partners and professional associations, in public at events and/or with the press.
- Manage the commercial interactions in this engagement: to project, capture and facilitate the revenue opportunities that exist for this event.
- Provide market feedback to the Advisory board regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the brand's ambitious growth.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new business ideas and the penetration of new markets.
- Meet with executives in top Technology firms with a view to developing and establishing long term relationships for the brand.
- Work alongside the board to identify operational performance measures.
- Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets.
- Build and maintain an effective team.
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the team.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members and support their professional development.
- Continuously evaluate current business processes and systems ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform the board of significant changes.
- Oversee the organization and management all TechPlus related functions and events, ensuring achievement of projected profits and quality goals.
- Carry out project management activities such as:
- Scheduling and attending regular project meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Risk and issue identification and monitoring
- Preparation and analysis of reports
- Evaluating project performance
- Allocation of resources
- Additional duties as assigned or deemed necessary for effective business operations.
- The suitable candidate must have:
- Experience in working and dealing with senior management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge of the technology sector and changing business environments; particularly the ecosystem in Nigeria.
- Relationships in the industry that can be leveraged for the benefit of the brand.
- 10 years minimum work experience with at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Project management experience
- Business development skills and experience
- Experience with coordinating exhibitions (international experience is an added advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate team members
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Skilled in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Detailed and process driven
- Able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Open minded and visionary
- Very assertive
- A strategic thinker and problem solver
- Able to provide quality leadership to a large team
24th October, 2016.