Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums.
Job Title: Marketing Activation Manager (Horlicks, Andrews and Otrivin)
- Accountable for accelerated share, sales and profit delivery for year 1 of 3>1 plan for all 3 categories- Nutritional, Digestive Health and Respiratory.
- Execute highly effective marketing activation programmes for all brands within the portfolio to deliver commercial goals aligned to Winning Formula
- Actively champion brand initiatives cross functionally through project team meetings and PMB process to ensure timely and excellent market implementation
- Provide brand data and analytics to input into the core commercial cycle and S&OP processes in market to support delivery of agreed forecasting and service levels
- Accountable for brand performance tracking and recommending remedial action
- Ensure all activity is compliant with global category guidelines and local regulatory/medical/legal requirements
- Lead LOC Market Activation Plan development for brand and provide rigorous data input into 3-1 Financial planning process
- Partner with Area Marketing team to deliver winning marketing and innovation plans for LOC based on actionable commercial, competitor and consumer insight to drive LOC brand share and equity ahead of competition
- Drive brand consumption ahead of Category across portfolio
- Develop actionable local insights (consumer, shopper, expert and competitor) that build on global insight to generate locally relevant Task Maps
- Work effectively with LOC agency partners to deliver world class activation
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life and consistently activated across all touch points to build long term brand equity
- Plan, manage and deploy working media to optimize return on investment
- Win in digital locally through driving local digital insight and delivering locally relevant digital campaigns
Deliver excellence in commercial delivery to become first choice for shoppers, customers and experts
- Develop winning Market Activation Brand Plans (MAPs) in the context of the consumer, expert, trade and competitor
- Deliver winning trade execution including optimal channel focus and mix in partnership with sales organization to drive availability
- Win the war in the store with powerful visibility for our brands in the ‘last metre’ across modern, traditional and pharmacy channels that builds brand equity
Use science and innovation to improve lives
- Execute in-market new product launches brilliantly leveraging global/area launch models
- Responsible for implementation and achievement of agreed innovation ratios
- Activate and consistently deploy winning claims working closely with area, regulatory, medical and activation teams
Deliver high quality products and service at the right time and cost
- Deliver world class forecast accuracy as agreed in the winning formula
- Deliver complexity reduction and value engineering initiatives to simplify supply chain and remove cost
Shape talent and culture by living our values and developing our people in a high performance culture
- Build one Africa mind-set and cross functional team for brand
- Utilize the Marketing Way as “the way GSK does marketing”, building best practice case studies where relevant, to share within LOC and Africa
- Develop understanding of importance external stakeholders (key customers, government & regulatory agencies, KOLs, industry bodies)
- Drive external focus including regular field visits across customer, consumer, shopper and expert
- Model GSK values & behaviours and compliance with all GSK codes of practice.
Impact measurement in driving business to first and best FMCH
- Responsible for tracking brand equity and recommending remedial action
- Drive innovation implementation, tracking and learning
- Achievement of all metrics as agreed in the PDP and Winning Formula documents
- Minimum 6 years experience in FMCG marketing
- Candidates must be able to operate effectively and efficiently with an FMCG mindset from day 1.
- Must have the ability operate independently within a flat structure
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK.
- The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
- In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.