Job Title:Technical Trainee (Contract)
- Manufacturing and Engineering continues to be the bedrock of a developing economy and as part of our commitment to developing technical skills.
- The Programme is a 12 months' technical skills learning opportunity targeted at passionate, young and talented individuals with the required potential to deliver on business goals.
- It has also been designed to build technical capabilities and competencies relevant to the Manufacturing Industry driven by a performance learning approach.
- Continuous assessment and appraisal of trainees will take place during the period of training and on successful completion of the training programme, a certificate of participation will be awarded.
- BAT is not obliged to provide employment to trainees on successful completion of the programme.
- However, trainees will be kept in a pool for future employment when the opportunity presents itself.
- National Technical Certificate (NTC) or Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) issued by the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB
- Technicians Certificate (or its equivalent) issued by City & Guilds of London with qualifications in Engineering & Transport and Processes & Manufacturing.
- OND in Mechanical, Electrical or related course (Must have completed Industrial Attachment)
- Vocational studies in Automotive, Electrical & Electronic, Production and Maintenance, Metals & fabricated metal products
- Vocational studies in electrical and electronics installation and in Maintenance Practice
- Working at BAT
- All enrolled trainees will receive a monthly allowance to cover incidental expenses throughout the duration of the programme.
- Students will also benefit from the company’s canteen services as well as medical services at the company’s clinic.