At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
Job Title: Guest Relations and Events Coordinator
- We are looking for a Guest Relations and Events Coordinator who will be a positive self-starter and has excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills, with an interest in the technology/software industry.
- The events coordinator will manage both internal and external events and will be the frontline officer to all visitors, clients and staff at Andela.
- The role will involve providing Andela high profile clients with superior customer service thereby creating a memorable and genuine experience while also promoting the company.
- Coordinate, supervise and manage activities associated with high-profile guest visits to Lagos Office and actively build awareness of the Andela brand
- Coordinate logistics for Andela Events and provide on site support when needed
- Liaise with Partners as required
- Manage special event planning and coordination, menu planning, and overall budgeting for events
- Manage Lagos Visitors (Non-Andela) and Events Calendar
- Engage with and inform all internal stakeholders involved in events and visits as required to ensure that all events and visits meets Andela's quality standards
- Ensure that Andela's brand is well represented in all communications regarding events and visits.
- Interact with employees/guests/clients and ensure they feel welcome upon their arrival at Andela
- Coordinate and supervise activities for employees/guests/clients and be able to attend to queries, needs and requests
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery to guests/clients
- Handling guest/client mails and messages, and answering telephone calls
- Communicate quarterly schedule of guests/client visits and events to employees of Andela
- Liaise with Media and Design team in creating communication pieces to announce high profile guest/client visits to Andela
- Schedule meetings and update google calendar with events taking place at Andela
- Ensure the Andela safety, security and loss control policies and procedures are complied with at all times
- Be aware of Andela’s fire and emergency procedure
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or Business related fields
- Must have good knowledge of MS Excel, Google Apps , Dropbox and other Office tools Skills
- Have prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization
- Are outgoing and have a cheerful personality
- Have a service oriented mindset and drive
- Have excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and listening skills
- Must be familiar with industry’s latest trends
- Have sound decision making skills
- Have proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset
- Have excellent telephone manners
- Must be an all around awesome person - we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
- Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.