Job Title: Head of Sales
- The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Business Development Managers to achieve revenue and profit targets through the sale of Aggreko’s power and temperature control products and services.
- Execute a Sector Business Plan, Inc. strategy, objectives, planned activity and P&L
- Lead, mentor and coach sales team members, with a focus on continual improvement
- Successfully deliver development, succession, recruitment and new-hire inductions plans
- Implement Performance Management programmes to address poor performance issues
- Develop excellent relationships at senior executive/ministerial level in strategically important customer and prospect organisations
- Confidently articulate and present Aggreko’s products, services and value proposition
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Aggreko processes and systems
- Build a robust sales pipeline and forecast that will yield future profitable revenue streams
- Lead the sales team in excellence in CRM
- Lead collaboration with cross-functional colleagues from sale to implementation
- Develop a detailed knowledge of competitive products and services in area of operation
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge and a network of relevant contacts across the opportunity scope area of industry focus and the wider business community
- Proactively provide industry and market intelligence to the wider Aggreko community
- Act as an ambassador for Aggreko’s Values for all cross-functional colleagues
- Be prepared to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.
- Opportunity Size: Up to $5m to $20m+
- Average Sales Cycle: 3 months to 2 years
- Complexity: Ranges from low voltage, simple civils, no fuel risk to complex offtake agreements and land acquisition
- Contract Process: Rental to Joint Venture and/or Special Vehicle
- Process: Single contract to multi stakeholder, regulator, fuel and land partners.
- Education: Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MBA preferred
- Industry Focus Knowledge: Preferred, but not essential
- Geographical area of operation experience: Preferred, but not essential
- Language Proficiency: English + local essential
- Driving Licence: Essential.
- A successful track record of leading sales teams in a similar environment & industry
- A demonstrable track record of the successful execution of Sector Business Plans
- Expertise in delivery of development, coaching and performance management plans
- Expertise in the successful delivery of succession and recruitment initiatives
- Demonstrable success in leading high value technical proposals, bids and tenders
- A proven ability to successfully lead direct report and cross-functional virtual teams
- Relevant experience in leading the effective utilization of CRM systems.
- The financial and commercial acumen to execute detailed Sector Business plans
- The intellectual capability required to articulate the positive impact Aggreko’s product and services deliver to its customers and their communities
- The personal ability to collaborate, lead and influence a diverse range of people, including direct reports, customers, partners and colleagues
- The drive and resilience required to lead and win in a competitive sales environment
- The emotional intelligence required to be an authentic leader, displaying good judgement and robust decision making: Acting as a role model for team members
- The organisational skills required to build a successful sales team in a dynamic, complex and high pressure business
- The personal gravitas required to establish credibility at executive/ministerial level
- The self-awareness to identify own development needs and the desire to continually improve both self and the team
- The ability to communicate concisely and confidently across all levels.