Job Title: Health Assessment Advisor
- The Health Assessment Advisor will meet with representatives from donor organizations, UN agencies, NGOs, the Nigerian Government and other stakeholders to understand the sector landscape, actors and gaps in Abuja and Northeast Nigeria (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states).
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct field assessments to understand sectoral needs in specific locations, develop a statement of needs and technical approaches to meeting the needs, and work with FHI 360’s Cost & Pricing team to construct a budget that reflects the technical design.
- Provide technical leadership in a specific technical component and/or program wide activities.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
- Participate in resource development activities.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
- Provides broad global technical leadership to multiple components for moderate to complex programs.
- Defines and develops solutions for major business or functional challenges.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of programs/projects and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Represents the organization and/or Institute to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that is less routine and more unusual.
- Master's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in education, health, behavioral, or social sciences or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in specific technical area.
- Informed of current program developments in division/unit/technical area.
- Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.