emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing
innovative projects associated with medical research. By joining us, you will integrate a young and dynamic organization and contribute to its associative development as well as its operational impact on the field. As Head of Mission, you will have the opportunity to manage challenging and innovative medical programs in the line of ALIMA’s values and objectives while bringing your humanitarian experience.
Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the
increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 650,000 patients
treated in 2015 including over 48,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the
medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects.
With operations in nine countries, 17 projects + 7 research projects, over 1,300 employees and a
budget of €35 million in 2016, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (M/F)
- The HR Coordinator defines, adapts, plans and supervises the implementation of human resources
- policies in the Mission, ensuring they are in line with the context, the ALIMA HR vision and values.
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing support to all the HR staff (HR Managers, HR
- Supervisors, Field Administrator), to Coordinators, Activity Managers, Supervisors, and leading the
- overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts management, skills development,
- performance management and orientation. The HR Coordinator reports directly to the Head of
- Mission and collaborates with all departments on human resources matters.
- Together with the coordination team, plan HR operational and budget needs in order to efficiently ensure the required HR sizing and capabilities of the mission.
- Support the coordination and the projects team in recruitment processes, ensuring a coherent management of administrative and legal procedures all across the mission (recruitment, end of contract, payment of national and local taxes, proper upkeep of personnel files, management of overtime, etc).
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment process; develop candidate rosters, employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent.
- Ensure that all new staff receive full induction into the organization;
- Support the coordination team in detecting training needs, in accordance to operational requirements, in evaluating people performance and in implementing the associated action plans in order to improve people’s capabilities and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Coordinate the implementation of career development programs to high potential collaborators in order to increase long term commitment and contribution.
- Coordinate the implementation of “Feedback and development review” and Performance Objectives (POP)
- Coordinate the implementation of all administrative local protocols and procedures, organizing regular information meetings with all the personnel and systematically participating in briefings of all the coordinators and managers concerned (national and international).
- Define and coordinate the local implementation of a fair rewarding policy in accordance to ALIMA policies and local regulations checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance.
- Make sure ALIMA remuneration/compensation policy is totally in compliance with Nigerian labour law.
- Identify a Lawyer as ALIMA legal advisor. Stay in link with the legal advisor for a clear/well understanding of Nigerian legal context.
- Collaborate with ALIMA legal advisor for any sensitive HR issue as well as for getting a particular arrangement with Nigerian authorities in order to facilitate visa/immigration matter for the expatriates working in Nigeria.
- Write down a guideline of all immigration requirements for expatriates in the mission.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of administrative procedures related to the employment contracts of ALIMA staff in the mission, in particular everything related to the CV, cover letters, business certificates, diplomas, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), certificates of marital status, access cards to the attention health, vacation request forms, Certificates of residence ... to comply with the legislation in force in the country.
- Provide support and guidance to line management in handling staff (expat or national staff) conflicts
- Coordinate the implementation of Homere (HR management software) including the preparation of the payroll (in line with local legislation regarding social security/tax payments). Train the HR Supervisor, the Field Admin for a proper using of Homere software.
- Coordinate and supervise payroll procedures to guaranty the compliance with the legal requirements.
- Carry on all the process to get an Employer PIN number for ALIMA (social security/pension,PAYE, etc.)
- Define and coordinate the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all field coordination teams, organize personnel meetings and broadcasting ALIMA values and vision,in order to boost people commitment, active participation and adherence to corporate values.
- Carry on market Bench marking when need be, function and salary grid review for ALIMA staff as well as incentive grid for Ministry of Health staff.
- Make sure all the positions in the mission (national and international staff) have a job description.
- Centralizes monthly all the organization sharts of the mission and makes sure they reflect the reality on the ground.Etc.
Experience and Skills
- Essential, Degree/diploma in HR Management / Administration / Business Administration /Law or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Human Resources experience.
- Working experience at management positions is essential.
- Working experience with International medical NGO, an asset.
- Fluency in English. Speaking French is an asset.
- Essential, computer literacy (word, excel, internet). The knowledge of Homere (HR management software) is high appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team work.
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills.
Depending on experience + per diem ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the
- mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
Location: Borno, Maiduguri
How to Apply
Interested candidate should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “HR Coordinator - Nigeria” in the subject line.