Our HR consultancy service also helps human resources functions to best support the ongoing growth and development needs of the organisation, its leaders and people.
Job Title: Internal Audit Supervisor
- As an Internal Audit Supervisor you will be responsible for leading audit and accounts preparation assignments.
- You will take ownership of audits from planning through to completion.
- Key to the role will be your ability to; build strong internal client relationships, ensure deadlines and budgets are met and your passion for coaching your team to accelerate their development.
- Constant auditing of store to production to sale reports to ensure conformity and proper usage of raw materials.
- Reconciliation of Petty Cash and Deposit Box/Safe.
- Ensures that all monies released are used for the purpose for which it is released.
- Ensure that all required inventory, production and sales records are properly recorded and maintained.
- Audit of the entire kitchen production process (raw materials to W.I.P to finished goods) to ensure that all materials issued for production are used for the intended purpose & report any loss and wastage.
- Monitoring the yield for processed raw materials to ensure that is in-line with company standards.
- Monitoring raw material wastage to ensure that it does not exceed the tolerable limit set by the company.
- Ensure the proper investigation and reporting of inventory, sales, raw material and product variances.
- Provide weekly inventory, sales report, variance analysis and other management reports.
- Lead the weekly stock taking team and ensure that stock/value reported gets to the accountant.
- Periodic review of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal control processes to ensure reliability and integrity of financial and management information and proper safeguarding of assets.
- Draft recommendations on controls and procedures as well as take responsibility for overseeing its implementation to reduce wastage and ensure a fraud free environment.
- Reporting findings directly to the Business Owners on various aspects of financial controls.
- Training and induction of internal audit officers on the company internal control procedures.
- Training of cashiers on daily cashier sales reporting and cash register policy.
- Ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Handling all faults relating to the POS system and following up with the IT consultant /software company to ensure prompt repair and minimal disruption to business operations.
- Make adequate plans to ensure the integrity of the internal control process in the event of a down-time or crash of the POS system.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations in line with company policies, rules and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting ALL violations of company standards or policies to the HR officer and Business Manager.
- Daily reconciliation of all POS sales report to actual sales including the verification of discounts, vouchers, voids and loyalty cards.
- Ensure staff compliance to the “Cash register/POS policy”.
- Accurate calculation of cash and product overages and shortages and reporting the relevant staff deductions to the HR officer in a timely manner to ensure the smooth run of the payroll process.
- Ensure the proper investigation and reporting of inventory, sales and product variances.
- Ensure proper audit POS sales report to finished goods received from the kitchen.
- Responsible for ensuring cash and cheque deposits in line with the “Cash handling policy”.
- Ensure that the company’s ordering, receiving and delivery procedures are properly.
- HND or BSc degree in Accounting or related degree.
- 3-5 years experience in a QSR or retail environment is a must.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must possess a positive work ethic, a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality.
- To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the way we deliver value to our customers.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to new cultures and environment.
20th October, 2016
Method of Application
All interested candidates should send their CVs and application letters to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference above as subject.