Job Title: Landscaping Supervisor
- The Landscaping Supervisor shall ensure and maintain a cleaner and healthier university environment.
- The duties shall include but NOT limited to maintaining equipment and general gardening operations, supervise gardeners, ground keepers and fumigators in performing everyday landscaping and pest control functions of all parts of the University in line with established policies and procedures.
- Shall prepare budgets, orders of supplies and keep daily reports.
- Shall ensure adequate waste disposal takes place by keeping the environment clean.
- Shall plan seasonal flowering planting and maintenance schedules.
- Carry out instructions as per requirements of keeping AUN environment presentable at all times.
- Supervise Gardeners, Ground keepers & Fumigators in performing everyday landscape and pest control functions of all parts of the University.
- Make Schedule of activities and duty rosters for the unit’s workforce as per the annual plan.
- Supervise the activities of the Gardeners, Ground keepers & Fumigators by assigning work to them in the various parts of the university that need routine maintenance and oversee execution of the same.
- Flowers are kept in good condition
- Grass, Weeds, Shrubs, Bushes and Hedges do not exceed the required level
- Trees and flowers beds are hygienic and sanitized regularly
- Ensure that gardeners are familiar with the required care standards and regulations governing the job.
- Plant flowers and trees at approved areas of the university which would help improve ambience and neatness of the university.
- Water, fertilize, transplant, and prune flowers and plants around the University premises.
- Use fumigation by chemical and bio interventions to control insects, disease, and weeds.
- Put down mulch, such as wood chips or peat moss, to control weeds and maintain soil moisture.
- Maintain lawns and grounds by organizing trimming, fertilization, watering, and transplanting activities.
- Use the appropriate tools like hoes, rakes, spades and even power tools to ensure that the University remains neat and tidy not bushy.
- Oversee maintenance of watering systems as available.
- Maintain and repair their tools and equipment.
- Shall perform any other duty as assigned or delegated by the Unit Head
- Oversee Fumigation Exercise across all properties of AUN
- Oversee the plants in AUN nursery
- Conduct vermiculite, composting and other initiatives which keep AUN ground fertile without use of chemical fertilizer.
- Take initiatives for the reduction of water usage in AUN for landscaping activities
- A Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Horticulture with three(3) years' experience or a National Diploma with Six (6) years' experience from a reputable institution.
- Should be able to assimilate techniques and concepts of sustainable landscaping, water conservation, soil protection, rehabilitation and irrigation etc
- Functional English oral and written communication skills.
- Functional Hausa communication skills
- Should have IT skills in Microsoft office with inclination in Excel to utilize computer technology to prepare reports, access data and maintain records
- Attention to detail
- Be respectful, demonstrate sound work ethics
- Decision making skills
- Effective English writing, verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
27th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.