Job Title: Linguist, On-Demand
- We are looking for Linguists/Computational Linguists who are native speakers of 'subject language', for flexible or full-time home-based role.
- The project is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help develop world-class linguistic software.
- Linguistic skills should include grammar, syntax, morphology, computational.
- The candidates should be familiar with linguistic tools, and language technology applications.
- Development: Using Lexicon Creator: create template lexicon, correct errors and add words using template. Using Wordscape formalism (symbolic language and logical operations), write or edit rules for grammar and other purposes.
- Project Management: triage, spec writing and review, project scheduling.
- Test: test template lexicon, evaluate test results, open bugs. Evaluate spec, design and implementation of grammar rules; using logical operators and symbolic language, develop patterns for testing application of the rules.
- Documentation: Using strong English language skills, linguistic and technical expertise, document tools and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics (or higher)
- Native speaker of one or more of the above languages
- High proficiency in English
- Excellent technical skills
- Linguistic skills should include morphology and syntax
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude for computational tasks, e.g., use concordance (linguistic) tools, and run command lines, write scripts, experience with advanced use of applications such as Excel macros, etc.
- Please include with your application: your CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability