Job Title: Manager Business Services
- The purpose of this position is to manage and oversee activities directly related to providing support services.
- Manages the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Reviews and researches records and reports pertaining to activities such as payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates staff training and development programs, customer service initiatives, and performance measurement criteria. Directs and coordinates department financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize and increase efficiency.
- Interprets and communicates work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Establishes direction & goals - shares vision of company goals with management; sets achievable but demanding goals that are linked to the objectives of the client, department and/or organization.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to company.
- B. Sc or HND in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Auditing /Internal Control experience is essential.
- Membership of ACCA, ICAN, ACMA, is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office packages like MS Word and Excel.
- Analytical, Interpersonal and Leadership skills are a must in addition to being self motivated.
- Sage experience is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills.
- Providing and interpreting financial information.
- Participating in strategic planning, and formulating long-term business plans.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities.
- Preparing accounts and reconciling balance sheets.
- Preparing and Managing Office Budgets
- Arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Ordering stationery and equipment
- Supervising and monitoring the work staff
- Reviewing and implementing the company's health and safety policy
- Arranging training for staff
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups
- Update organizational memberships
- Maintain office equipment
- Assigning and monitoring clerical functions
- Recruiting and selecting office staff
- Designing filing systems
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure protection and security of files and records
- Ensure personnel files are up to date and secure
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Monitoring cash flow
- Capability to do proper data analysis & reports for management reviews and controls.
- Ability to prepare daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports.
- Process monthly payroll
- Tax & employee benefits computation & analysis
- Liaising with tax & other relevant authorities
- Competitive basic salary + benefits
- Excellent working environment
- Excellent support tools and structure