Job Title: Sales & Distribution Executive
Department: Customer Sales
- Provide strategic direction for the Regions and the Sales & Distribution Division to achieve sales targets and ensure the financial viability of MTNN’s operations.
- Drive a culture of compliance and stakeholder management as a way of life.
- Extract value from what we already have through focused enterprise-wide activities such as: business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities at the enterprise-level e.g. new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing national legislations & policies, participating in national/industry think-tanks, building & extending (inter) national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the national and global economy/ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing national CSR projects, engaging in (inter) national non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis etc.
- Enterprise-wide people leadership activities in coaching, staff development and motivation through, e.g., employee networks sponsorship/support, enterprise talent mentorship and coaching, employee engagement projects, faculty roles, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Group), cross-functional initiatives, etc.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that S&D Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card. (E.g. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Champion/Sponsor review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Champion Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Review MTNN corporate strategy and assess resource requirements for Sales and Distribution Division to operate effectively and meet targets and develop budget for S&D operations.
- Regularly monitor and review resources of the division ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Take the lead and drive the Cultural Operating System and Vital Behaviours required to improve business performance.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Deliver business value through partnership with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners
- Develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Deliberate ecosystem management to achieve business objectives (value creation), brand value & corporate positioning
- Build and oversee relationships with a number of external organisations including trade partners, and communicate MTNN’s culture and image to external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop frameworks, policies and procedures to guide all Sales and Distribution operations and enable the division to provide high quality services to customers and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Establish management processes and systems with appropriate checks and balances and drive alignment of functions within the division to ensure that Sales and Distribution Division meets EBITDA targets.
- Lead Sales and Distribution Division management team to deliver on business objectives, ensure full integration of quality management processes within the division and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis.
- Proffer recommendations on relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded and also use to support management decision-making at executive management level ExCom)
- Provide leadership and direction in the operation of sales and distribution function, ensuring periodic review operations of the division and leading team to deliver on respective business targets and improve overall performance of the division.
- Regularly review sales and distribution activities and trends in the market with a view to providing executive team with new ideas or methods that will increase sales, prospect customers and develop new business opportunities.
- Continuously review and confirm metrics and measures in the division with a view to maximizing operational efficiencies and effectiveness and support management decision-making.
- Identify business risks, critical issues and determine appropriate risk mitigation plans covering the short- to long-term horizon in respect of consumer sales and distribution in MTN.
- Oversee the implementation of an effective warehousing/distribution system and ensure efficiency in controlling the flow of products across the business while realizing cost savings.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- Fluent in English with coupled with French and Arabic as an advantage
- First degree from a recognized University in any related field.
- An MBA or a Masters qualification in a related field is required.
- 15 years’ work experience including:
- 5 years leadership experience heading the sales function of a large organisation/ FMCG.
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant sector/ industry
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven track record of a start-up, shut-down and/or business improvement project
- Strategic & General management
BA, BArch, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
17th October, 2016.