The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- The Nutrition Officer provides technical support to PUI activities in Nigeria, in order to strengthen capacity and quality of Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) especially Out Patient Therapeutic Program (OTP) activities in our areas of intervention.
- He/She ensures that CMAM activities are in line with international and national recommendations. He/She provides technical support for the implementation of CMAM activities in the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
- He/She provides capacity building and technical support on CMAM especially OTP to health staff at the PHC and MHT in collaboration with the program managers.
Logistics and Administration:
- He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- He/She represents the association before partners, authorities and local actors involved in Nutrition when required.
- He/She contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
- He/She contributes to the development of new interventions on the basis of identified needs.
- Registered Nurse
- Residency in Medicine
Knowledge and skills
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge on CMAM and OTP guidelines
- Ability to work independently while keeping team spirit oriented behaviour
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Open-minded & diplomatic skills
- Analytical & Strategic skills
- Capacity of organization and management of priorities
- Proactive and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work and manage issues professionally and with maturity
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Languages: English, French
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract - 4 months
- Minimum duration of commitment: 4 months
- Starting date: November 2016 Salaire / Indemnité
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
30th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to "Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer" for Expatriates at: email@example.com with the following subject "NutOff-NGA"