Job Title: Program Officer
- Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices.
- In its first five years (2009 to 2014), A&T demonstrated that innovative approaches to improving feeding practices could be delivered with impact and at scale in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam.
- Alive & Thrive continues its work there and is supporting others to scale up nutrition by applying and adapting tested, proven approaches and tools in Burkina Faso, India, Southeast Asia, and Nigeria.
- Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and Ireland.
- Under the supervision of the Project Director, and with input from the senior technical team, the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities for the Alive & Thrive Project Nigeria.
- Assist the Project Director in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects for Alive & Thrive Nigeria.
- Assist the Project Director in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring, according to Alive & Thrive and donor guidelines.
- Work with program staff to prepare, monitor, and revise A&T Nigeria work plans and budgets, strategies and sub-project documents, coordinating input from various technical and program staff.
- In coordination with finance and admin staff, develop and review activity budgets, procurement plans and tracking systems for A&T Nigeria activities.
- Oversee content development for project website, working with communications team in HQ to keep content current. This will include drafting content, interfacing with staff members to develop progress/success write-ups, sharing A&T Nigeria photos and even summaries as needed.
- Support the provision of programmatic assistance to A&T partners in implementing their sub-agreements, as needed.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with technical specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.