The Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA), the implementing Agency for the CSDP within Kogi State, now invites Expression of Interest from eligible Candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer - Gender and Vulnerable
- Develop an action plan for mainstreaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in the operation of the State Agency;
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP formulation at Community level;
- Assist Project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities.
- Assist in organizing training for line Ministries, LGA, LGRG and Operations Officers in mainstreaming vulnerable and gender issues into development activities; liaise with the Desk Officers in line Ministries to identify mechanism for incorporating vulnerable and gender issues into their programmes;
- Identify and articulate opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project activities;
- Prepare a quarterly report highlighting emerging issues from projects activities in mainstreaming vulnerable group/gender issues in development activities;
- Provide input to the reparation of quarterly/annual and requisite reports of the operations department;
- Provide inputs to the costed yearly work programmes for the operations department;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness;
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agenda;
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable;
- Responsible to the Manager, Operations
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager, Operations and The General Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of first Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agricultural Extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience, part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas.
- Computer literacy, experience in gender/vulnerable mainstreaming and safety nets will be an added advantage.
9th November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Applicant (Private Sector or the Civil Service) should submit Five (5) numbers of hand written letters of Expression of Interest (EOI) with Five (5) copies of CV which must include details bio-data, next of kin and relevant work experience to:
The General Manager,
Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA),
4, Nature's Garden Street,
Ajacent Confluence Beach Hotel,
- The envelop should be clearly marked "Expression of Interest for the of Project Officer - Gender and Vulnerable" and "Do not open before 12:00pm; 9th November, 2016".
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.