Job Title: Regional Program Director (Nigeria)
- The Regional Program Director (RPD) will lead the overall implementation and management of the Food Fortification Program.
- This includes providing oversight for regional and country-level activities, working closely with international, regional, and country-level businesses and partners on food fortification activities, and collaborating with host-country governments on policies related to food safety and fortification. In addition, the RPD will be responsible for representation of the program to the donor and ensuring that the project meets objectives and aligns with country-level work plans and targets.
Oversee implementation and management of the Food Fortification Program
- Accountable for program delivery: activities and outputs toward achievement of targeted outcomes and goals
- Serve as technical lead for food fortification and food safety activities in Nigeria
- Serve as primary liaison with program stakeholders (government institutions, other implementing agencies, businesses)
- Set annual targets, develop and execute annual work plans, implement M&E plan, lead course correction if needed
- Report to donor and TechnoServe on program progress
- Manage country and regional teams, including a regional management unit to oversee M&E, project finance and operations. Manage project to budget with robust planning and monitoring, including gender integration
- Represent program at local and regional stakeholder level
- Represent Food Fortification program at local and regional stakeholder level—governments, institutions, other programs, etc.
- Foster alignment, coordination and shared learning with stakeholders
- Liaise with Country Managers on contributions towards broader activities – lessons, best practices, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in food, nutrition, business administration or other relevant field
- At least 10 years relevant project management experience
- Industry experience in fortification, nutrition or the processing of food
- Experience living and working in sub-Saharan Africa, regional program experience preferred
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker
- Experience leading and managing high caliber multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary, and challenging field operations in developing countries, Africa preferred
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to represent the program and work at the executive level with ministerial bodies, CEOs and agency directors to build consensus, coordinate efforts and drive the program agenda at the highest level
- Experience working on donor-funded projects preferred
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high quality reports and proposals
- Previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff, results driven
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.